Saturday, March 7, 2009

March 7, 2009: Why You Married Daddy


This morning, Ella was taking a shower while I was putting in my contacts.  In the middle of our activity, the following conversation took place.  So simple, but something I never want to forget. I hope you enjoy, too!

Ella: Do all moms wear contacts?

Kate: No, not all moms.  It's just seems that way because all moms are older than their children and the older you get the more the chances are that you will need contacts.

Ella: Oh, that makes sense. Well, when you get older you can  be a mom but not get married, right?

Kate: That is right.  You don't have to be married to be a mom.

Ella: OK. Well, I know why you married daddy.

Kate: Really? Why?

Ella: Because!  He wanted someone to kiss when he got home from work every day!

Pictured Above: Andrew and I.

5 comments:

  1. That is soooo cute!!! The innocence of it all!!
    Hope you all are having a nice weekend - we are having friends over for dinner and going to the Mexican market tomorrow with the Scanlons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot! You look SO young in this... And what a great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priceless: convo snippets and photo. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your family's finer moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was young in this shot! It was taken in 2002 at a pub in England to be exact. The "early" years, so to speak...

    ReplyDelete