Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3, 2009: A Face Worth Framing


Hi there. Not much to fill you in on the past few days. Fortunately, the girls are doing just great at school. Ella has had homework every night (very teeny, tiny homework) and that is making her feel like a real big girl. Grace and Mia seem to be happy in their own separate classes. Mia has been trying to stop singing all day long during class - I'll have to check when I pick them up today on how that is going.

I successfully picked up my sister Kris yesterday morning from CDG Airport in Paris. We both napped on the train ride back to Caen and we both got to be quite early last night! She is still sleeping now at 9:45 a.m. so she should be ready for a day out on the town in a while.

Yesterday afternoon, we met up with a friend and her two daughters at a place that was doing face painting. The line was so long that we eventually gave up on most but Ella stuck out the wait. This face painting offer lacked face painters (there was only 1) and the one lady who was doing it put 150% effort into each face. Like each was a work of art to be displayed for the world to see. I am all about pride in your work so I can't fault her, but I did feel badly that all of the girls didn't receive such a fancy face like Ella. Instead, we opted for going to a cafe and getting some hot chocolates.

I don't know what today will bring for Kris and I. Check back later to find out!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for these blogs - makes me feel closer to all the action!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, plan on being REALLY close in about 8 weeks! That is when I told the girls you would be back to visit...

    ReplyDelete